An acre of the best ground for hemp, is to be selected and sewn in hemp and be kept for a permanent hemp patch.
Thomas Jefferson's Garden book 1849
Over 25,000 products can be manufactured from hemp, from cellophane to dynamite.
Popular Mechanics, 1938
We believe that the main reason hemp is illegal today is because of biodiesel's potential. The first diesel engines (by Rudolph Diesel in 1894) were invented to run on hempseed oil; petroleum wasn't synthesized to mimic hempseed oil for over a decade. Therefore hempseed oil was the primary fuel for automobiles for over 30 years after the invention of the first internal combustion engine.
Entry into the biodiesel market has very low capital entry requirements and is, therefore, not centralized. Among the benefits of using biodiesel:
- Start an economic boom!
- Use vegetable seed oil (biodiesel).
- Run any diesel engine with no engine conversion at all.
- Make biodiesel from hemp, soybean, rapeseed/canola and safflower seed oil
- Save family farms.
- Return economic control to the people!
- Naturally decentralize wealth.
- Stop global warming.
- Stop A lot of toxic pollution.
- Create a useful byproduct: food.